If you are in crisis, contact the National Suicide Helpline by pressing 988 followed by 1. A Trained mental health professional will assist you.
VA Mental Health Resources
- WDVA Counseling and Wellness: https://www.dva.wa.gov/counseling
- Federal VA at American Lake VA Hospital: 253-583-1759
- Federal VA at American Lake VA Hospital: 206-764-2007
- Tacoma Veterans Center: 253-565-7038
*Services offered include individual outpatient, inpatient, couples, PTSD/MST counseling.
Featured PTSD News
Center for Psychological Health and TBI Opens
The Department of Defense today announced the opening of a 24-hour outreach center to provide information and referrals to military service members, veterans, their families and others with questions about psychological health and traumatic brain injury. More
- PTSD News
- National Center for PTSD
- PTSD FAQs
- PTSD Discussion Forum
- PTSD Resources.org
- What You Need to Know About PTSD
- Readjustment Counseling Resources
- PTSD Facts for Veterans
- PTSD Information for Guard and Reserve Members
- Military Severly Injured Center Articles
- Military OneSource
- Army Behavioral Health Website
VA Loan Information
NURSING HOMES UPDATE
All states have a Nursing Facility Medicaid program that provides general health coverage plus coverage for nursing home services. These services include room and board, nursing care, personal care and therapy services.
Nursing Facility Medicaid may pay for a stay in a nursing home if you need a “nursing-home level of care” or meet nursing home “functional eligibility criteria; and have income and assets below certain guidelines.
More information Click Here
Below are web-sites that provide information on Veterans benefits and how to file/ask for them.
- Board of Veteran's Appeals http://www.va.gov/vbs/bva/
- Center for Minority Veterans http://www1.va.gov/centerforminorityveterans/
- Center for Women Veterans http://www1.va.gov/womenvet/
- Compensation Rate Tables, 12-1-03 http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Rates/comp01.htm
- Directory of Veterans Service Organizations http://www1.va.gov/vso/index.cfm?template=view
- Disability Examination Worksheets Index, Comp http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm
- Geriatrics and Extended Care http://www1.va.gov/geriatricsshg/
- Hearings http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/admin21/m21_1/mr/part1/ch04.doc
- Veterans Legal and Benefits Information http://valaw.org/
- Online version http://www1.va.gov/OPA/vadocs/current_benefits.asp
- PDF Download in English http://www1.va.gov/opa/vadocs/fedben.pdf
- VA War-Related Illness and Injury Center http://www.vagov/WRIICSC-DC
- Homeless Veterans http://www.va.gov/homeless
- VA National HIV/AIDS Program http://www.hiv.va.gov
- VA Public Health Smoking Cessation Program http://www.publichealth.va.gov/smoking
- VA Mental Health http://www.mentalhealth.va.gov
- National Cemetery Administration (Burial and Memorials) http://www.cem.va.gov
- Center for Women Veterans and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs www.va.gov/womenvet
- National Foundation for Women Legislations (www.womenlegislators.org)
- Be the One Campgain, TAL (https://www.legion.org/betheone)
VIETNAM WOMEN VETERANS
Almost ten thousand women were there.
For a list of not only the women who gaves their lives in Vietnam but the start of a complete women's casualty list see: They Gave Their Lives
Salon.com has featured an interesting story about female Vietnam Veterans, entitled "Unarmed and Under Fire: An Oral History of Female Vietnam Vets."
Women in Vietnam
The Vietnam Womens Memorial Project's new website is at: VWMP