DEPARTMENT of WASHINGTON
Law and Order Committee Awards
Committee Chair—Rick Sucee
The following procedures are to be followed when an American Legion Post nominates someone in their community to receive one of the following awards; especially if the post intends to forward the application to the Department of Washington Law and Order Committee for consideration at the state level. Winners will be presented the appropriate award at the Department of Washington Convention.
- LAW OFFICER OF THE YEAR
- FIREFIGHTER OF THE YEAR AWARD
- HUMANITARIAN/LIFE SAVING AWARD
- EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (PARA-MEDIC) AWARD
In order for all applicants to be judged equally, we request that you complete the appropriate forms and furnish supporting documents covering the incident upon which the recommendation is based so the committee has background information for evaluation.
The Law and Order Committee will review all applications during the Mid-Winter conference and the winner will be selected at that time.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED AT DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS BY FEBRUARY 1ST .
The following needs to be included when a post submits an individual for one of the above awards.
- All appropriate forms should be completed by the Post Law and Order Chairman and should be signed by the Post Chairman and Post Commander.
- Documentation and supporting articles, statements, etc. are to be included with the submission.
- The Post Chairman/Commander is requested to furnish a condensed account of the event and include: date, time, location, circumstances of the event/incident for submission of the individual.
- The full name, address, phone number of the nominee so we may notify them if selected.
Once the recipient has been chosen the committee will take the following actions:
- Notify the individual by letter of date, time and location of the convention.
- Arrange hotel accommodations.
- Order a Plaque for presentation with a letter from the Department.
Hotel and mileage expenses for the winners will be paid by the Law and Order Committee.
Applications under Law & Order Awards